Friday, January 11, 2013

New at Bentley's

Bentley's House of Coffee & Tea, at 1730 E. Speedway has been a supporter of the arts for as long as I can remember. They've been in Tucson longer than that: since the late 1980s. (One of my favorites is the Tucson Youth Poetry Slam. If you haven't been to a slam before, you should know that this isn't a typical sedate poetry reading: these talented poets write and perform some strong stuff.)

Anyway, on January 6th, Mark Fleming spotted an artist painting a mural on the south end of the east wall:

He didn't catch her name. (If you know, please add a comment below or send me email. I'll eventually stop by or call to ask.) Here's the finished mural (re-photographed on October 7, 2013, by Jerry Peek):

As always, you can click for a larger view. (The yellowish color at the top-left is actually a bit of lens flare from the sun — which was just above the building when I snapped this shot.)

Thanks, Mark!

Update (October 28, 2013): Allison Miller (who painted this mural) also has a new mural in Swanway Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This awesome mural is by Allison Miller!

Jerry Peek said...

Thanks, Sabrina (SLOVly.com). I just found Alison's Facebook page ; I'll send her a message to let her know about the photos I posted here.