Thursday, January 22, 2015

Una cuadra llena de arte

When I opened my email on October 8th, I found a bunch of new photos from Mark Fleming. All were of southern Tucson. One set showed the 3600 block of South 7th Avenue, a block full of art. (Google Translate said that would be Un bloque lleno de arte in Spanish, but I remembered Una cuadra llena de arte from my classes umpteen years ago. ¿Como se dice umpteen en español? :)

Anyway, here are the photos. First, three murals, with a close-up of each of the first two:


He also caught an especially artistic food truck:

Mark added:
All of these photos were in front, or to the side, of 3649 S. Seventh Ave. This is the headquarters of Tierra Y Libertad Organization (TYLO). Note that the acronym TYLO is embedded in each of the two main murals. Here is a link for further info:

http://blog.whyhunger.org/2012/02/visiting-tierra-y-libertad-organization-in-tucson-az/
¡Muchas gracias, como siempre, Mark!

No comments: